Friday, April 5, 2013

Day 5

Hello and welcome to Day 5!

I felt so much better yesterday....physically.  That "I feel like I'm dying" feeling was gone and I wasn't quite as tired.  But mentally....whoa!  I was so cranky!  EVERYTHING just got under my skin and I was a total b*tch to everyone.  I managed to force a smile at work, but it was hard.

The worst part of yesterday was my run.  I only did 3 miles because I had no energy for running.  My legs felt like lead and it was if I was running through mud the entire time.  The wind didn't help, but I know it was the lack of carbs and my body adjusting to a different fuel source.  In the long run (no pun intended!!), this will be so beneficial to me in the distance runs.  I know it will help my endurance to be burning fat instead of glucose.  I'm just hoping that the shift won't take long; I'm registered for my first half marathon of the year at the end of May.

Even though I ate well yesterday, I was hungry last night.  I drank two cups of herbal tea, but I felt hungry for the first time.  But I didn't give in!  Yay me!

Lunch yesterday was delicious!!!  I braised some cabbage with caraway seed and bay leaf, cooked an organic chicken and apple sausage, and heated up some roasted butternut squash - YUM-O!!! It was a very fall-like meal, but so good!  I have enough for leftovers today.

I have some extra time this weekend, so I'm going to do some bulk cooking and have food to just pop in the oven or crockpot or warm up next week.  I wanted to do that last weekend, but because it was Easter I was busy cooking our dinner and celebrating with my family instead.

Friday is my day off, so I'm off to yoga, then a run, then getting my nails done.  The sun is out and it's supposed to be 50 - happy day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment